Tutoring. Educational Coaching. Support.
TTO offers one-on-one tutoring to support students in curricular content and enrichment and executive function. Sessions take place either at students’ homes, outside at a safe distance and with masks, or online.
- Build plans for effective daily asynchronous learning and study, including 15-minute check-ins during the day or evening and after virtual classes plans.
- Academic Enrichment through synchronous learning sessions.
- Set up a designated workspace at home.
- Build effective study skills and habits.
- Homework Help.
- We are either teachers or graduates from the Oxford School District; we know the curriculum and context. We can work in tandem with student’s classroom teachers to augment and support curriculum goals.
- Executive Function Support.
- Academic Remediation.
- Troubleshoot Technology and instruction on common educational apps and programs.
- Consistent engagement either in person or online with mentors and a veteran teacher to support your student’s emotional/social health.
- Test Preparation.
- Standards-based Assessments
- College Application Process.
- College essays.
- Consistent feedback via email, Zoom or phone calls, tracking progress to original goals.
- English and Humanites:
- Reading & Comprehension
- Writing & Composition
- Research Methods, Documentation formats
In-person and Virtual POD Teaching during COVID-19
Support from experienced educators, in-person or online.
In addition to regular 1-on-1 sessions, TTO can offer small group in-person and virtual sessions in English and Math to help students maintain connections with classmates or friends while also receiving expert support.
If you are interested in arranging POD tutoring with us, please email TTO with the following information:
- Your child’s grade
- The location for in-person sessions
- Members of the POD
- Ideal days/times for sessions
After TTO receives this information, we will follow up with more details about our rates and potential tutors.
For the protection of our whole community, parents and tutors will be required to sign a waiver in compliance with CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 protocol.
Here’s how our small group sessions work:
- Reach out to your child’s classmates or school community to connect with other interested parents.
- Once you have a group of 2-4 students, send us an email and we’ll match you with a tutor.
- All participants will receive a special discounted group rate for tutoring (email us for specific quotes).
My experience with Ms. Denham was wonderful. She helped motivate me to write in class. Most importantly, she cared about me outside the classroom too.
Jaqaun WebbOHS 2018
Ms. Denham’s lectures made me see the world and writing with a new set of eyes.
Anna Grace WhaleyOHS 2019
Ms. Denham taught me how to be more confident in my abilities and to stick with my initial instinct.
Tejeland RoachOHS 2019
Ms. Denham is kind, genuine, and one of the best listeners you could ask for. She brings out the best in her students.
Anna Blake LivelyOHS 2018
Ms. Denham showed me the real side of what college writing would feel like while I was still in high school.
DaDa ParhamOHS 2018
The writing skills Ms. Denham helped me perfect have been instrumental to my academic success.